mercredi 15 juin 2011

Jonas's first hike


With summer really about to hit, it suddenly hit me that I should probably catch up and post our spring adventures... Several weeks ago we took a long (longer than expected) drive into the Jura mountains to the Queue de Cheval waterfalls. It was a fairly short hike, so we thought it would be good to have Jonas do the whole thing by foot as he really needs to be training to be part of our family adventures.



One of the first interesting things we spotted was this two-bottomed horse.
We reached the waterfalls after about an hour. Almost unbelievable, we had the trails and the falls all to ourselves that day.



The highlight was all the wildlife we found. Here Jaxon is holding a Salamader.


Jaxon also became great friends with this toad.
Jonas did great on his hike. I think he'll be ready for Mount Everest soon!

1 commentaire:

  1. Oh this is perfect timing! I was just talking to my mom today and discussing whether Benson is ready for a little hike. We're having a family reunion in August (70 people), and one day is hike day, where everyone can choose between 2 hikes to climb. The short one is a little less than 3 miles long, and that's the one I think Benson might be able to handle. He's a good walker so I think I'll bring him along and see how he does. Glad to hear Jonas did so well with it.

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres