mercredi 15 juin 2011

6!


My little boy turned six a couple of weeks ago. He isn't so little anymore. He had been counting down the months and then the days until his birthday, talking about it constantly, so I have to admit I felt a little bit of pressure for the first time to make it good. I went in to work before he woke up in the morning, but not without leaving very specific instructions for his birthday breakfast: crepes with nutella (clearly prepared ahead of time) with a candle to blow out and lots of singing. Daniel succeeded and even gave him more candles than I had planned.
That evening we had a little party with our familiy at the house. He was so excited about the presents that he had openned that we could hardly get him outside to discover his biggest present of all. We had decided to buy Jaxon a new bike after we biked as a family for about 18km on day in March. Though Jaxon did great, it made us think that he would probably do well to have some gears, and two brakes that worked. I was a little worried that this bike would be too big for him since Jaxon is a little on the shorter side and it said it was for 7-10 year olds, but he picked it up no problem.

Afterwards we went in for lemon meringue pie. Jaxon has been on a big lemon kick and requested lemon cake to take in for his party with his class. I thought that the pie would be a hit, but I think it was Daniel and I who liked it best.
The next day to continue the celebration we went to Aquaparc. I had given Jaxon the choice of having a birthday party with his friends or doing anything he wanted with our family. Finally he decided that this year he wanted to go to Aquaparc, a huge water park in the region and that next year he would have a birthday party with his friends. I was very happy with his choice, as honestly I don't feel like I have the time to throw a party for him. I felt justified by this taking him to Aquaparc since it really has to be for a special occasion that I spend over 100 francs on something like this.


The place was huge! The indoor area is immense, then there is an outside portion, then you cross over the bridge for more pools and the lake beach. We had so much fun! The most amazing thing is that there were no lines for the slides. I imagine it gets crazier later on in the season, but it was fabulous not having to wait.



Jaxon had the best day, and now he says that he wants to go to Aquaparc for his birthday next year. And he want to go for Jonas's birthday. And Daniels. I think it is a good idea, too.

1 commentaire:

Membres