samedi 25 juin 2011

Last trip to Germany...really.


After Salzburg we drove the three hours up the Nuremberg to spend a couple of days there. Of course we had to make one last trip to my favorite zoo in the world.



We had an up-close encounter with a marmot. That was definitely one of the highlights.


I have found myself trying to relive my youth in Germany through Jaxon. This was my very favorite ice cream bar when I used to live in Germany, the Bum Bum. It is bubblegum flavored ice cream with a bubble gum stick. You really have to be a kid to appreciate it, and Jaxon certainly did.
Going to the river with my parents. Maybe I should be asking myself why only my kids are stripped down to their underwear playing in any small body of water so often.
We found a nice little store full of some old junk. It's a miracle it is around.

We stopped in Heidelberg on the way back




The iconic Heidelberg monkey.




I had to get a picture of this before the end our trip. Since we had left for Austria immediately after Daniel had arrived home from work on Tuesday, I was in a rush trying to pack for everybody. Not surprisingly, I forgot I few essentials, including Daniel's casual shoes! He was a good sport, though, and didn't even complain about wearing dress shoes, well, everywhere (to the saltmines, to the zoo, trekking through cities....) He is too nice.

It was a great trip!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Membres