vendredi 4 septembre 2009

A Child's Paradise

So, I think that I have decided that London really is one of the best cities in this world for kids. And cheapskates, assuming you don't have to pay for lodging...or food. Anyhow, it just seems like there are great things for kids around every corner and in places you really wouldn't expect. Case in point: The Imperial War Museum. This one wasn't even on my list, but we ended up there and it turned out to be a ton of fun. They had great exhibits for kids, included a life size model submarine that they could play on, a realistic "trench experience", and a blitz war experience. So names of museums can be deceiving...


Their was even a great park right outside!

Jaxon sitting on his special African chair in the gardens of the Horniman museum, also a lot of fun, even if our trip there was interrupted by a false fire alarm...


Hanging out a Trafalgar Square

Visiting a typical London "city farm," another fun and free treat.


Playing at the Diana Memorial Playground at Kensington Gardens


When Daniel met us there after work, he pointed out that Jonas was the only child wearing just a diaper and made me put his clothes back on.
Jonas LOVED the swans at the pond in Kensington Gardens


At Coram Fields Children's Playground. Jonas was really pushing Jaxon, which I found adorable; but I am biased.

Visiting the London Tower Bridge; the story of the double-decker bus that failed to stop when it was supposed to and was therefore forced to hop over the gap really resonated with Jaxon.

At the top of the bridge. We were advised not to go up since the elevator was broken and it was 260 steps or so for Jaxon to climb and us to carry Jonas and a stroller. But they didn't know us, and that this was nothing.



We left London on the overnight train to reach the next leg of our adventure in Scotland...

4 commentaires:

  1. Jaxon looks so grown up now. And Jonas has gotten a lot bigger. I also like the picture of Jonas pushing Jaxon on the tricycle. It sounds like you guys are having tons of good fun (it is good that it is free :) You guys are awesome and we love you all.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wow! Jonas has grown so much. I can't believe it. This looks so fun. I can not wait to hear about Scotland.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I can't believe how much time you guys have to travel! I agree with you on Jonas pushing Jaxon. :) Jonas doesn't look so much like a baby any more. I can't believe he was just born when you left here. How are you guys? I need to figure out our webcam so we can communicate. It really meant a lot that Daniel called when Bryce had surgery. We love you guys!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Ces photos me donnent tellement envie d'aller à Londres ! Et vous arrivez presque à me faire croire qu'il ne fait pas froid là-bas ! J'attends les photos de l'Ecosse avec impatience. Allez, au boulot, Janet !

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres