dimanche 31 mai 2009

Seattle on a Sunny Day

We flew into Seattle, so we decide to spend a couple days in this awesome city on our way out with my brother Matt's family and my parents. Somewhat amazing, we had perfect weather while we were there. We had a wonderful time. Watching the fish throwing at Pike's Place Market
Hanging out on the pier. This place is so beautiful!

For me, eating a bucket of clams is always a must-do during any excursion to Seattle. Jaxon experienced his first clam and rather enjoyed it.
Ryan also experienced his first clam...but I think it is clear from this picture that it wasn't exactly with enjoyment. It didn't make it to his stomach, but he did chew on it for awhile which we were all proud of, since he doesn't always find pleasure in trying new foods. We were also proud that he didn't throw anything else up. I guess the gross part of it all is that the final destination of this clam was in Matt's stomach.

I love steamed clams!
It was an exhausing day. Thank goodness for strollers.
One of the highlights was our visit to the Seattle Pacific Science Center, an incredible science museum! Maybe I am a nerd, but there are few things that I enjoy more than a good museum. Here, Jaxon, Ryan, and Kylee are getting ready for their takeoff into space.
My dad riding the suspension bike; kind of an eerie feeling.
Of course you have to have a Space Needle picture, right?
After the museum we spent a little bit of time passing through the Folklore Festival. Daniel had his first glimps of the "grunge" culture (if that is even what it is called anymore) so prevalent in Seattle, which he wasn't entirely sure of. I loved the atmosphere, though. I just love this city! Nothing like spending a time in a great city with some of my favorite people.
And with that our trip had reached its conclusion and we were on the plane heading back to Marseille. When Daniel's boss had offered us a trip to anywhere in the world a couple months ago, I didn't realize that the best trip would be back to see family. But Jaxon knew. We are so happy that we changed our tickets and we wouldn't have traded this trip for all the pyramids in Egypt. However, Jaxon is still asking about the camels we told him he was going to ride...
Driving back home from the Marseille airport, we were happy to be back. It is funny to say, but this place which was so foreign to us just a few months ago has become our home.

1 commentaire:

  1. It sounds like your trip to the city was so fun! I've seen videos of Pike's where they throw the fish and have such a fun loving attitude. In fact, our school adopted the "Fish Philosophy" where we try to make school seem more like play with a lot of laughing and caring. What a peaceful picture of Jaxon asleep in the stroller. By the way, I also love steamed clams which I never think about until I visit my mother on the East coast and go to the ocean.

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres