dimanche 31 mai 2009

Jet Lagged Birthday

Although we had already had a party for him in Washington, we had a small celebration for Jaxon on his real birthday, May 27th. I was glad that we had already had a party for him because I was in a total fog. This has been some of the worst jet lag I have ever experienced. I guess openning presents never gets old. When Daniel went on a business trip to Houston in March, Daniel's family sent back gifts for Jaxon's birthday. They were a hit!

The only thing that I had gotten him was a NASA space shuttle. Jaxon totally cracks me up, the kid cannot sit through an animated movie, but totally ate up Apollo 13. His latest YouTube passion is watching (successful) space shuttle launches. He kept on telling me that for his birthday he wanted a space shuttle that has the rockets come off, like they do once in space. I was shocked at how difficult it was to find a space shuttle toy! I finally found one at the Seattle Pacific Science Center, which was thrilling for me. It does not have a rocket part that comes off, but I guess you have to take what you can get.

The fifth candle is "one to grow on." Is this normal or just something my family does? I can't believe this kid is four! He is just so much fun and we love having him in our family!

3 commentaires:

  1. Jaxon is getting so big and continues to have an appetite for learning all kinds of things. Maybe he will be an aerospace engineer or an astronaut some day. We also put an extra candle on the cake for good luck, so I think it's perfectly normal.:)
    From Leslie

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I LOVE the picture of him blowing his candles out. I can't believe he's 4 either!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. We got this on clearance at Wal-mart for $15 for Matty and it's awesome - the Matchbox Space Shuttle, I'd bet your little astronaut would like it... http://www.amazon.com/Matchbox-Mega-Rig-Space-Shuttle/dp/B0014412KI

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres