dimanche 31 mai 2009

All-American Boating Trip

Daniel convinced my brother-in-law, Rick, to take us to the river on his boat. Not that it took much convincing. My nephews skipped out of school for the day and we had a we had the Snake River to ourselves, probably because it was a week day and the water temperature was definitely not for the faint of heart. Jaxon could not get enough of this. He loved hanging out with his big cousins.
Daniel in his element. It had been a couple years for him, but it did not take him long to get it back. He also found a new love in the slolom ski.

Jaxon turning the boat around to pick up dad after a fall.

Daniel and Tyler: extreme tubing.
I was surprised how much Jonas enjoyed this event. The kid loves anything that involved wind in his hair.

Jaxon loved the wild rides on the tube. He is one adventurous kid. Here I am on the "unsinkable tube" with him; well, unsinkable so long as you are leaning back when slowing down. Something that would have been good for me to know BEFORE I submarined the intertube when we were on it. Poor Jaxon was the only one to experience the water without a wet suit this day. From the expression on his face, I think it is clear that this was not his favorite part of the trip.
Luckily, I don't think it ruined him for life. I went wakeboarding after that and while he was watching me he said "I want to do that." And I think he probably really would have if we had let him.

1 commentaire:

  1. I love the picture of Jaxon at the wheel of the boat. Also, cool pictures of Daniel enjoying the water. I think the picture of Jaxon in the freezing water does indeed tell it all. He must have been so cold, but knowing Jaxon, he will talk about that event in the future with a smile on his face. From: Leslie

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres