dimanche 7 avril 2013

Exploring Amsterdam

We arrived in Amsterdam and checked into our traditional canal house hotel. It had been nearly impossible for me to find a hotel in Amsterdam for this first night and this was literally the last hotel I had tried, and I have to say that for all the effort I was very pleased with myself. Even thrilled. Especially after the hard time Daniel gave me over our hostel in Little North Africa in Brussels:)

I don't think I managed to capture just how long and steep these stairs were, but they were very long and steep.
After getting settled we headed out to visit the Stedelijk modern art museum.
Jaxon with a Chagall. I love Chagall
And I love modern art museum. The one downside that is that you inevitably end up with some type of art like this (above) that the kids drool over climbing on and you as a parent explain that they cannot because it is art, but why it is art is very difficult to explain. 
They had a great kids area with art projects and modern art films that even Eva could appreciate.
Next we headed out and explored on our way to dinner

We found this highly recommended Middle Eastern restaurant called Bazar.
Jaxon serving as our photographer for kissing photos.
Eva loved the trash can in our hotel room. Hours of fun.

Enjoying some of our Belgian Leonidas chocolates.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Membres