dimanche 15 juillet 2012

Rocher de Naye

 This has been on our to-do list for awhile: Rocher de Naye, one of the higher Alpine peaks near us. Whatever that means... But the real draw of this one? The marmot farm at the top. We headed up in the morning on the cog train.
 Man, I love these views. I know I have lived here for 2 years now, but it still takes my breath away.
 And we were not disappointed by the marmot farm. They have marmots from all four continents, and they claim to be the only marmot farm able to boast that fact. I can't be sure as this is the only place I've been to entirely dedicated to marmots.


 The boys spent hours feeding dandelions to the braver of the marmots.



 For as much snow as we get around her, I was a little surprised at the boys enthusiasm to find snow here. I mean, really, ski season didn't end that long ago.

 Emily, this one if for you. The 7 month belly shot.
 Jonas being a marmot. He spend a lot of time like this. I was kind of surprised that he didn't end up with a weird rash of some sort.
Exhausting day; he didn't even make it all the way down on the cog train.

2 commentaires:

  1. Hey, if you're going to specialize, why not marmots?!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Most people do their belly shot in their house, but Janet does it with the Rocher de Naye in the background! Always the show off!! Can you tell I'm Jealous? You look super cute, thanks for thinking of me ;)

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres