mardi 3 mai 2011

Spring break

We ended up doing a hodge podge of thing during Jaxon's spring break this year. Although we had just left visiting my parents in Germany, when I looked at the calendar I realized that between Jaxon's school, my work and visitors we have coming up, this would be the last trip I would be able to reasonably make to see my parents before they leave in July. It was great though. I hardly took any pictures as most of the time we just spent enjoying the beautiful weather at parks outside and enjoying being together.
One day we did go to the transport museum. We had to go one more time; it really is an amazing one. I would say it even rivals the Tranport Museum of London. I guess it is hard to compare, though, with one being very bus oriented and the other very train oriented.

Apparently Easter weekend is always four days long in Switzerland. I didn't want to miss the time with Daniel, so I met him halfway at Basel and we spent the weekend there exploring the city.
It was beautiful and charming, even though it was quiet as it was a holiday. All of Switzerland had left to go to Italy. I think we picked the right spot since we weren't stuck in traffic for hours.

Jonas's catnap


Pointing out some very important things to dad

We camped, like we try to do as much as we can in when the weather is nice. Our crazy pop-up tent is starting to look a little haggard...
How is it that they always want to swim, no matter how cold it is?
Someone had given the boys some chocolate bunnies in Germany and Jaxon refused to eat his until he had shown his dad. Luckily Daniel did get to see them when they were still in tact. They didn't fare very well during the hot day in Basel...
The next day we visited the Basel zoo. It is supposed to be one of the best zoos in Europe. It was really nice, but I have to say I am still partial to the Nurember zoo. It's my favorite. If I were an animal in a zoo I would want to live there. We were able to see a lot of animal babies and behinds on this particular day in Basel.



My favorite animals.

2 commentaires:

  1. I'm loving the much used tent and the melted bunnies :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love, love, love that last picture of Jaxon and Jonas sitting together on the big rock. Their expressions are priceless! Can't wait to see you all soon!

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres