mardi 21 septembre 2010

Lac Blanc

We live within and hour and a half drive of Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe (okay, so it has a competitor in the Ural mountains, but there is heated debate as to whether it counts as being in Europe or not). We can see it out the window of our apartment, but we knew we had to see it close up. I think that these very may well have been the first glaciers that Jaxon has seen in his life. That is kind of a big deal, right?

Jaxon once again astounded us with his hiking abilities. It was a really tough hike up to Lac Blanc, a glacial lake in the area. He kept up with the best of us, and he wasn't even sore the next day like me and Daniel. How is that?





Daniel has become so French. He doesn't even mind changing his clothes under a towel.

The water was probably about 33 degrees. I really wanted to see him go in all the way, but it didn't happen.

Take out your binkie and smile, Jonas!
I had never seen water quite that color before.



What a treat to live so close to this place!

3 commentaires:

  1. Janet, it means so much to me and Allan that you keep up a blog. Having these peeks into your guys' life across the world is so amazing! I show the girls your posts during the day and they want me to click on every picture to see it closer and then when Allan gets home we read the posts together.

    Lac Blanc is gorgeous! I can't believe Daniel got in the water!
    I love that Jonas took out his binky for a picture. He's so flippin' cute!!

    Way to go Jaxon for being so tough! It really amazes me that he can do these big hikes with you guys! I had no idea kids could be so enduring :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Well, it looks like Dad and I need to keep hiking trails near us in order to be ready to hike up that mountain next summer. I'm sure Jaxon will inspire me to do it just like he did on the Eiffel Tower! He certainly is a good hiker/climber. I also love the picture of Jonas smiling without his binkie. Too cute!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wow! That picture with the shack by the lake took my breath away. Gorgeous.

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres