mardi 14 septembre 2010

Escape to the Bernese Alps

The weekend after getting home from Germany and Jaxon starting school we were ready to explore our new surroundings. We decided to head up to Thun in the Bernese Alps (close to Interlaken) which is just under an hour and a half away from us. I have to say that it got us pretty excited to be living in Switzerland. If could easily have been a day trip, but we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and camp.

When I looked at the weather which I thought would be fairly chilly and considered the fact that we would be visiting cold mountain lakes, I opted out of bringing swimsuits. When will I learn? Swimsuits should never be left at home! The weather was beautiful and the lakes were not cold enought to keep my boys out. Luckily they can still get away with going in the underwear or nude. I think Daniel was the most dissappointed that he hadn't brought his swimsuit. He can't quite get away with that anymore...






We spent the day hiking up to Lac d'Oeschinen. We started with a lunch in the riverbed to get our energy up.



Jaxon playing hide-and-seek. Luckily his yellow had kept him from being too camouflauged.




Jaxon had finally found something picture-worthy when he saw a baby duck and his mom swimming in the lake.



It was hard to move very fast when every, single rock on the mountain was a distraction.

After our big day of hiking we spent the evening in Thun.

I was trying to catch how perfectly blue the water is there, but my camera isn't capable of it.

This was a wonderful view to wake up to in the morning.


I had only brought two bowls and Daniel got impatient with waiting for the kids to finish their cereal, so he took matters into his own hands.


And of course they had to finish off with a morning dip before we headed out...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Membres