dimanche 19 août 2012

Carcasonne

Carcassonne is one of my favorite places in France.  Both Allan and I served there on our missions and I have been back with Janet and the boys a couple years ago.  I was so excited to share this wonderful place with my parents and have the boys play on this 1,000 year old playground again.
We managed to get a picture with all of us from the old bridge that leads to the castle and city walls. 
We bought Jonas a sword so he could kill any dragons that may attack us.  Since there were no dragons he decided I was the next best thing... Lucky for me the blade was not too sharp.
Jaxon found a new friend..
Jonas in front of the main gate.
We went to a knight show.  Jonas waited in anticipation with sword in one hand and the program in the other.  He was not disappointed.
Jaxon selected a bow and arrow as his weapon of choice.
The knight show was excellent.  The costumes were great and the story included daring horseback riding, jousting, hand to hand combat with a variety of weapons and even a bit of romance for the girls...
...and a girl on a cow of course...

Jaxon was brave enough to get a picture with the hero who showed up at the end to save the girl on the cow.   Jonas hid behind my leg after seeing what these guys were capable of.  He also hid his sword when the the most scary of the knights challenged anyone in the crowd to a dual.
Inspired by the show, Jonas and another boy fought in the street's of the walled city.
A look back up to the walls.  Anyone want to storm that???
We enjoyed cooling off in the river near the castle. 
Carcassonne was just as magical as I remember and I was so happy to explore it again with my parents, Janet and the boys.

1 commentaire:

  1. Janet ! Pourquoi ne pas m'avoir appelée quand vous êtes passés près de Montpellier ! J'étais là du 5 au 1'août et j'aurais adoré vous revoir. je n'aurais peut-être pas pu loger toute la famille mais j'aurais été contente de rencontrer tes parents et de vous inviter à manger ! Promets-moi que tu n'iras jamais plus à Carcassonne sans venir me faire un coucou en chemin !
    Sinon j'espère que tu vas bien, tu as l'air en pleine forme, une belle femme enceinte épanouie.
    Tiens-moi au courant de l'arrivée de la petite puce !
    Bises

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres