samedi 12 février 2011

From beach bums to ski bums

(Posted by Daniel)



So I think it is official, the boys who only months ago were tanned beach bums with sun bleached hair in Southern France have become ski bums in the Swiss Alps...Note the proud father looking down at his future olympians.

Jonas who watched Jaxon ski during the past two trips started to say "Gonas wanna gee" which means I want to ski!!! So last week I bought him a pair of used skis and a Swiss made thing that holds the skis together so he does not cross them.




Here he is sporting his new skis and ready to go up the lift. Notice his lift ticket which he was pretty excited about.
The weather has been really nice the past month. No rain, no snow and come to think of it no cold. As a result, there is no snow anywhere and they just use these cool snow trucks to put fake snow all over the runs. It was sunny and 50 degrees all day and by the end of the day there was a big lake of slush that we would water ski across at the bottom of the hill.
Jaxon is insane! He skied non stop from 11 am to 5:30 pm when they closed the lift without crying or complaining once. I did make him eat a piece of bread and go to the bathroom once. He cruises down the hill and waits patiently for Janet or I to make it down. Notice Janet in the background.
Jaxon in action...He had smile on his face the whole day.


Anyone up for some fondue? What better meal after a day on the slopes?


Jonas was a machine. Weighing in as a 2 year-old he was among the youngest on the slopes. I did not need to encourage him as he insisted after each run "Gonas wanna gee". Towards the end of the day he was more comfortable and I decided to pull out the big guns. I bought a child ski harnass for Jonas and here is a short video of us at the end of the day. Jaxon laughed and said I looked like Santa Clause with Jonas as the reindeer.


1 commentaire:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these pictures, especially the cute video of Jonas skiing with his dad in tow. When I watched the video, I kept saying, "He's so cute!!!!!) I'm so glad you are enjoying the snow in Switzerland and all the fun sports that come with it. Maybe Jaxon would enjoy bobsledding as well as skiing. :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres