vendredi 12 février 2010

Jaxon the mountain climber

After a morning of shopping for French boots for Janet and pointy French work shoes for me, we decided to go for a walk with the kids on a famous mountain we can see from outside our apartment - Le Garlaban (most well known from Marcel Pagnol's My Father's Glory)
We told Jaxon he could decide how far we walked because we started in the afternoon and we thought he might be tired.

As we got higher and higher he became determined to reach the top.

After two hours we made it to the top where we were quickly reminded that it was still winter as a cold wind blasted us.


Both Jaxon and Jonas were excited by the paragliders everywhere.



I laughed when I saw this picture as it reminds me of myself when I was a boy


Jonas was very content in the backpack. Last year we tried it and I think he was too small because when he fell asleep his head would fall through the leg holes. Not very comfortable or safe.



I could not resist getting a shot of my cute wife with such a nice view.




The trail got a little rough in places.....
but I think those were his favorite parts.
As we arrived back at the car we realized how far we had come - notice the rocky peak in the background!

And Jaxon is now officially a mountain climber.








3 commentaires:

  1. Love seeing your posts! I'm convinced ours boys would be best friends. Let me know next time you're in Kennewick... or South East Asia. Je t'aime.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I need to stop looking at your posts because every time I do, I want to fly to Europe! (And that's expensive.) You guys know how to find the most gorgeous, breathtaking sites. Congrats to Jaxon for climbing the mountain like he's in the prime of his life! What a good boy.

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres