vendredi 12 février 2010

Birthday trip #2 to London

So I spent my birthday this year on a plane with two young children to go meet Daniel up in London again, but I can't really complain. I have to say that I have never had a bad experience travelling with my children (knock on wood), even though I seem to do it a lot by myself. Fortunately this time was no exception. When Daniel and I went to Wicked in October, I couldn't help but thinking throughout the performance "Jaxon would love this!" So I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to take him this time. They sell the front row seats the morning of the performance at 10:00, so I got up early on Saturday morning to go wait in line, getting there by 7:45. I happy to see I was one of the first people in line. However, it had snowed the night before and was freezing, an by 9:00, with an hour to go, I really started to wonder if my toes were becoming frostbitten. I managed to stick it out and got front row tickets right in the center. Luckily it was definitely worth it! Jaxon had a really good time. One of the funnest parts was at the end when were standing applauding the cast. When the lights came on the actresses who play Glenda and Elphaba spotted Jaxon, the little guy clapping in the front and they started smiling at him and waving just to him and blowing him kisses. He got a big kick out of that. It was really cute. I think he has a crush on Glenda
On one of the nicer days I took the boys to Kew Gardens. Here they are on the treetop walk.




In the little hedgehog house
Jonas was a little nervous to go in at first, but was more nervous to stay outside by himself, so he followed me and Jaxon in.




Inside one of the many greenhouses

At the indoor play area at Kew Gardens


Usually I still consider Jonas my baby, but he was seeming pretty darn independent to me this particular day...

Enjoying the V&A Museum of Childhood


Jonas at Battersea Park Children's Zoo. He went there with Daniel when I took Jaxon to Wicked. Apparently their day out together started out great but turned kind of sour due to a sever bout of constipation on Jonas' part. Pour thing!
Natural Science Museum. Jonas really appreciated the dinosaur exhibit this time, even if he kept on calling them "dogs."


My strong boy carrying around weights at the Museum of London Docklands.

We went there for "Messy Mondays", which Jaxon greatly appreciated. I think there is less of a culture of messiness if France and Jaxon was making up for lost time.

Sailor town


That Monday only got messier when we went to Mudchute City Farm. Very appropriately named. Very muddy.

Walking under the Thames on the Greenwich Underground Footpath

Standing on the Meridian Line experiencing Greenwich mean time

London Maritime Museum. Jaxon could have loaded and unloaded the "cargo ship" all day. However, Jonas was not in the mood to watch him do it all day.
Checking out the sailor's meal
Explorer Jaxon at the Natural History Museum. This had to have been our fifth or sixth trip there, and I think we have finally seen the whole thing. It is nothing less than immense.


2 commentaires:

  1. Il faudra que tu m'expliques cette histoire de culture du désordre (c'est bien ça "mess") parce que je n'ai pas bien compris. En tout cas, ça a l'air génial, comme d'habitude et vous avez toujours des super photos !

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. On aura toute la semaine d’en parler. J’ai hâte !

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres