dimanche 20 décembre 2009

Christmas Market Season

Ever since living in Germany when I was younger for a couple of years I have had a secret little obsession with Christmas markets. I love them! So, I feel super lucky to be in Provence where they also have a little obsession with Christmas markets. There was no question as to how our December weekends were going to be spent. This is our little exursion to Martigue, the "Venice of Provence." I guess it may be more convincing if one has not been to Venice, but they did have a great Christmas market!
Daniel eating roasted chestnuts. Yes, they actually eat them here. As far as I know, we only sing about them in the U.S. Such a shame.


Santa's little helper






This Christmas market in La Ciotat had a Christmas farm which was really fun.
Jonas experienced his first pony ride, which was a huge hit. Probably the best euro spent of the evening.


Jaxon got to sit on the pony for free. Best euro saved of the evening. He decided that he would rather drive the cars.


Isn't food always better with a face on it?

2 commentaires:

  1. Christmas markets look spectacular! It's so fun to see Jaxon and Jonas growing and changing. I wish our boys could grow up together. They would have so much fun.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. So the pig looks really good...actually, I wish I could be there with you guys. I've decided to boycot any vacations to lame places (like Disneyland) so hopefully we could go somewhere cool (like France). By the way, thanks for the gifts! We are posting pictures of Christmas morning soon and we have some of your illegally-shipped French foods. We're saving the duck liver to share with Dad and Mom. I'll document that experience for you guys. Seriously though, I think your gift was Marcor's favorite. He says the sweets just taste like France. Thanks a lot! Hope your Christmas was great.

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres