mercredi 29 avril 2009

The Great Escape

So this used to be an activity leading to hours of fun. Jaxon and Jonas loved playing on their bedroom windowsill; it is almost as fun as our backyard was. Until the other day Jaxon started screaming when I was in the other room. I rushed in just in time to see Jonas' head slipping under the bars on the window. Luckily he went out went out feet first and his head is small enough that it fit (as opposed to the alternative). I felt fairly helpless as I held my little baby up through the metal bars with his maniacal older brother screaming with all the distress in the world, "MY BABY! MY BABY! MY BABY! I WANT MY DAD!!!" I wasn't quite sure what to do, though it was clear that fitting him back through the bars was not going to work. Should I set him down in the parking lot and run around the apartment complex as quickly as possible? Luckily, there was a French lady walking her dog that had witnessed the entire event from just outside the complex, and although it is fairly embarrassing to have had someone see it, she did run over when I asked for her help. So all is well that ends well, right? Even if you feel like the worst mom in the world...
Speaking of Jonas, I finally found a taste that suits his palate. I was making a pesto/goat cheese spread (which really is delicious, provided you like goat cheese and you like pesto) this evening and Jonas got a hold of the pesto spoon. I didn't think he would be that impressed, but he cleaned the thing dry, and then cried for more. Maybe he isn't so much picky as sophisticated in his food preferences.

3 commentaires:

  1. Janet, Oh my gosh!! my heart was racing as I visualized that crazy situation. I'm glad all is well and the french lady didn't make off with your child:) oh Jonas you little stinker!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. That's just crazy that he had wiggled almost out. It's a good thing that Jaxon started yelling about it. (And so sweet how he was saying "my baby"). I'm glad the woman was nearby to help and I'm sorry you had to go through that.

    Jonas liking pesto is so funny. Pesto of all things. I mean, I love pesto and Payson isn't a picky eater or anything, but I don't think he'd be interested at all in it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Oh no! I'm glad everyone is OK. It's unreal the situations you have to deal with as a mother.

    That's awesome that Jonas likes pesto and goat cheese. That's my kind of kid! lol My boys like a lot of more gourmet types of things too. It's just a matter of what you are exposed to sometimes.

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres