mercredi 22 avril 2009

Eating Non-Food Items

Lately, Daniel has been planning our day trips based on picture-clusters on Google Earth. This last weekends cluster choice was a little village called Niolon.For our lunch we found a little épicerie that was kind enough to sneak us a baguette (apparently the village is so small that people have to pre-order their baguettes) and sold locally produced goat cheese. It was delicious! It made for a great little picnic on the beach...much better before Jonas puked up baguette all over me.
This hike turned out to be fairly difficult and Jaxon was not helped by the fact that we started out right about his naptime. He started whining a little bit so I told him that if he felt like whining he needed to tell himself, "I am a big, strong boy who can do really hard things." It seemed to work. He said, "I am big and strong. I eat rocks." It kind of made sense because he was getting frustrated by slipping on the rocks. A little later he said, "I am big and strong. I eat hangers." That made me start wondering when he started equating size and strength with eating things that are not supposed to be consumed... Anyway, it kind of lost its magic by the end. When he started whining again I urged him, "Jaxon, you are a big strong boy who can do what?"
"I can't do anything," was his response.

Of course, his fatigue simply melted away when it was time for a dip in the sea. We bought him a wet suit to try to curb his incessent shivering. I am not quite sure what Daniel is doing in the picture above.

Despite all the hopfulness, it still doesn't quite seem to be swimming season, yet. They were freezing!


I was trying to capture the nature of scaling up and down rocks to get to the inlet. It didn't quite work, but I am finally convinced that there are some things that are harder to do with kids.

2 commentaires:

  1. The picture with you holding Jaxon and the water in the back, so so pretty! Daniel with no shirt on - hehehe!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. janet! jessie sent me over a link to your blog. i hope that's ok. i loved reading through all of your adventures and getting a peek at your boys. i'll be back to visit again! love, lindsay

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres