dimanche 2 septembre 2012

Summer in Switzerland


In between trips, we did have a little bit of time to hang out at home. Summer vacation here started on July 6 with the Fete du Chene, a celebration in our village including a parade and community party afterward.


 
We celebrated Bastille Day in France on the 14th of July

 And the Swiss national day on August 1, complete with fireworks and a bonfire.
 We spent lots of days at the Nyon pool, which appeared to be the communal gathering place for all pregnant women in the region
 We went to watch the spectacle every week we were around at Signal de Bougy

And while there enjoyed the animals and the playgrounds.


 We went and did the ropes courses at Signal de Bougy a couple of times





And it all came to an end with school beginning again on the 27th of August. I can't believe Jonas is going to the big school with Jaxon now! We really had such a great summer. I had quite a bit of work to do, but figured out that I could get a whole lot done when I took my computer to the pool/lake/park with me and let the kids do their thing. I felt like I needed to take advantage, as pretty soon that type of freedom for me will be coming to an end... Seven weeks seemed like the perfect length for a summer break. We had a couple of good trips, a visit from grandparents and lots of local activities, so we never got bored. I have to say, I kind of miss having my little buddies around all of the time, but they are happy to be back in school.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Membres