samedi 6 novembre 2010

Halloween

Our first Halloween in Switzerland... Our main even was a Halloween party with our church. There is an American ward here and we crashed their party. I have to say it was definitely Halloween worthy. There was a huge potluck dinner, games and entertainment, trick-or-treating and a catwalk for the kids to show off their costumes. It just so happenned that a friend of mine loaned me a Robin Hood costume for Jonas, so Jaxon and Jonas got to wear matching costumes this year. A bunch of people came up to me and asked if I had made them. Obviously they don't know me at all. And Jonas was the only kid who cried before heading out on the catwalk.
Carving pumpkins. These little pie pumpkinettes were the best I could find, but they were actually really fun to carve.

Jaxon designed the scary one all by himself; he needed a little help with the knife however.





Since Halloween was on Sunday this year we opted not to go trick-or-treating, especially in light of the fact that it is forbidden to vacuum on Sunday in Switzerland. However, we did get two groups that came to our apartment and, I have to say, they cleaned up. Looking in their bags I could see full-sized boxes of cookies sticking out, huge bars of chocolate. Obviously people were scrambling to find something to give them. One girl said that she got $50 one year. Some poor sucker ran out of change.We are definitely on that next year.






1 commentaire:

  1. I love the pictures of your Halloween! Jaxon had a scary looking pumpkin for sure. They both looked so adorable in their costumes!

    Mom H.

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres