dimanche 21 juin 2009

L'Ile Verte

This past Saturday we decided to bypass the camping so we could actually be awake for our activities and visited a little island near Marseille, L'Ile Verte. It was pretty small, it only took about an hour to hike around, but it is amazing how quickly a day at an island beach can go by...


Maybe someday they will get tired of the beach, but they haven't shown any signs of it yet.

One highlight, Jaxon found a little crab to be his pet for about an hour

Another highlight? Someone gave Jaxon a dead bait fish to play with. A little disgusting, but he loved it.



Isn't he adorable? Daniel is about to make me cut his hair short...


And why not top it off with a little bit of ice cream.
Not too much to say; just one of those days that left us wondering how anyone would be able to leave the south of France. The answer, I think, is that most people don't.
As for other news, Jaxon just started speaking French. It was all very sudden. Eight months of words here and there and lots of reluctance (I had given up on the "kids are sponges" theory for him) and all of the sudden last week he just starts speaking French in sentences. Wow, I guess he was saving it all up for shock and awe. Unfortunately this development is just as the school year is about to come to its end and his English speaking cousins will be here for the summer...

3 commentaires:

  1. So I have decided that Briana, Paul and I should come live with you. I miss it so much, and I need Briana to sponge up some French while she is young. Maybe then the language would rub off on me as well.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Jaxon speaking French, that's so exciting!! I love that he saved it up and released it when HE was good and ready, typical Jaxon behavior...or should I say Janet behavior, in miniature, male formation:)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I love reading your blog! You guys have such an amazing life right now! The boys don't evne know how lucky they are to be in all those cool places and experiencing the things that they are! I am so happy for you guys!!!! much love! Britt

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres