lundi 30 mars 2009

All good things must come to an end

My parents just concluded their five-week visit, so we are currently going through withdrawals. I am learning how to cook again and waking up early to take Jaxon to school. Jaxon doesn't quite get it when I tell him that they are not coming back for a long time and announced to me this morning, "Grandma and Grandpa are coming back on Thursday." We had a wonderful time with them!

Jonas enjoying what he loves most

We celebrated our five year anniversary when my parents were here. Looks romantic, doesn't it? We would have gone out if Jonas would eat anything other than my milk, and a romantic evening out with a clingy baby just isn't that romantic. My parents served us a delicious dinner, however, French-style lasting a couple of hours. Here we are starting with snails; we have to fight Jaxon for them. I have a feeling #2 isn't going to be quite adventurous an eater, considering that these are the faces he make when eating SWEETENED apple sauce...



Yes, he is gagging.

My dad took Jaxon to school and picked him up each day. It tends to be a time consuming activity; he is something of a dawdler. Here he is doing his "tram hand." When he puts his hand up like that we know that he in tram mode and likely to be unresponsive. Trams are one of his greatest obsessions.
Walking up the ramp to school.

Eating out at "Buffalo Grill". The place cracks me up, it is a Western-themed restaurant complete with country background music, TV showing rodeo segments, and a cheese plate for dessert.



Visiting the little French farm by our house. This place is adorable; it is run by a little old couple who sell fruit and vegetables from their garden. We learned here that French sheep eat even baguettes.
We finished their trip with one last hike. Here Jaxon had discovered a small colony of ladybugs. Jaxon was happy as a clam.


For someone who doesn't even like apple sauce, the kid sure does like eating dirt.

4 commentaires:

  1. well im sorry your parents are gone, back to reality! it looks like your kids soaked them up while they were there. jonas and the applesauce-so funny! and his little pea coat! he is so so chubby and cute. jaxon seems in his element in every picture, france suits him. we miss yall. keep up with your blog, i enjoy living vicariously.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I totally understand with the gagging child. Emmalyn HATES rice cereal and gags every time. We're just going to keep trying. Eventually they have to eat normal food, right? You know, I've never even met Jonas? Sad. By the way, just wanted to let you know that Marcor signed on with a structural engineering co. in Tucson this morning. So, we're grateful for a job. :)
    We miss you all!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. so beautiful! I am so glad we have a way to see you and your cute family. Little Jonas is just darling- we are so happy for you and miss you so much!I love to see the pictures of your life there and it makes me so happy!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. You guys look great! I love Jonas's face eating his applesauce, SO CUTE!! It's funny to hear how different your boys are, I often wonder if parents who have many children will ever get two that are similar? I decided I'll keep wondering though =)
    It's so nice to see you guys even if only in pictures. Have fun in Washington!

    Debbie & David

    RépondreSupprimer

Membres